We are a vibrant ELCA congregation in Northeast Minneapolis committed to our mission: Live, Learn and Share God's Word. We welcome you not only to join us in our Sunday morning service but also to join us throughout the week in our services and ministries that help build up God's kingdom here on earth.
Join us on Sundays:
9:30 a.m. Worship with Holy Communion
10:30 a.m. Fellowship
10:45 a.m. Sunday school & youth group
11:00 a.m. Adult education
12:00 p.m. Casa de Oracion
|Want to read past sermons? Click here.|
Events and News
Upcoming Adult Forums
- April 23: Dietrich Bonhoeffer was a World War II era Lutheran pastor in Germany who opposed the Nazi regime. Bonhoeffer, a great theologian, wrestled with the issues of his day which still have relevance in the 21st Century. Today, we will see a portion a DVD titled “Dietrich Bonhoeffer Today: Peace, Ecology and Christian Ethics”. We will hear his thoughts on Eco-Theology which has relevance as we celebrate Earth Day 2017. A short discussion will follow.
- April 30: Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast at the Northeast Armory and Community Center. No Adult Forum
- May 7: Karoline Lewis presents Reading the Bible. Getting the wonder of the Bible back might mean changing your mind about how you choose to read the Bible. In this session, we will explore different ways of reading the Bible that might lead to new discoveries. This is the final session of four sessions presented by Pastor Lewis. This is also the final Adult Forum until the fall.
Next Sunday, April 23: Earth Day Sunday
Join us on the Sunday after Easter as we address our Christian calling to “till and keep” the soil, which is to say, be stewards of creation. How are we doing? What can we do to be more proactive?
Saturday, May 6: Weed It and Reap: NE Minneapolis Clean Up
Join us for some fresh air and light exercise while we clean up streets and parks in Northeast. All routes will begin and end at the church. Then we shall lunch together.
Schedule for Saturday May 6:
- 10:00 a.m. Arrive at the front of the church where you will be assigned a route with a small group; if you arrive as a group, great; if you arrive individually, you can join a group on the fly. We will provide trash bags and disposable gloves, but I encourage you to bring your own reusable gloves
- 10:00–11:30 a.m. Pick up trash; small groups will tackle trash along the streets on their way to meet other small groups at nearby parks to clean up trash together before returning to the church; all the while competing in a friendly scavenger hunt!
- 11:30–12:30 p.m. Return to the church to drop off your trash bags, wash your hands and eat lunch (in that order); a simple lunch will be available for a freewill donation; during this time, the winner of the scavenger hunt will be crowned.
Any and all are welcome to join us for clean up and/or lunch. We encourage you to invite friends and neighbors to join us. If you have not done so already (we already have 34 people signed up!), please contact Brent and Kim Carlson-Lee at 651-398-8115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 4–6: Mt. Carmel Camping
The Mt. Carmel camping trip is scheduled again this year for August 4–6 at Lake Elmo Campground. Mt. Carmel has reserved 10 campsites that are close to each other. We have 4 remaining slots. If you are interested in camping this year please contact the office to make a payment. The camping fee for two nights is $66.00. There is lots to do at the campground: swimming, biking, hiking, and having a good time with friends. Please join us for a weekend of fun. If you need financial assistance with the cost of camping please contact the office.
Start the warm-ups! The Mt. Carmelites celebrate 28 seasons! Wanted: Mt. Carmelite co-ed softball players, 18 to 107. Previous experience is not required. When: All games played on Tuesday evenings. First game is April 25. Where: New Brighton. Fields and game times will be emailed and in the May Tidings. Practice: Sunday, April 23 at 1 p.m. at Waite Park on (33rd & Ulysses St NE). Come join in the fun and fellowship! We would love you to join the fun as players or fans! Roster must be submitted soon, so please call Diane Langer at 612-718-4229, email her at email@example.com or sign up outside the church office with your phone number and email.
Check out our news and events tab at the top of the page for more information!
Men's Bible Study each Wednesday morning at 6:45 a.m. Good conversation and hot coffee too!
Need a ride to church? Please call minibus coordinator, Julie Craig, at 612-789-7855, each week by Saturday.
For programs and other opportunities, see the Tidings newsletter.