Worship Schedule May 24 through August 30, 2015
9:30 am Worship with Holy Communion celebrated weekly (nursery provided)
10:30 am Refreshments in Fellowship Hall
12:00 Noon Casa de Oración a las Naciones (Hispanic congregation)
Job Opening: Church Office Administrator
Mt. Carmel Lutheran Church (ELCA) in northeast Minneapolis seeks to hire an Office Administrator for 30 hours per week. This person will be located in our main office and will be primarily responsible to: provide administrative support to the pastor and congregational volunteers; maintain parish records; prepare worship and special bulletins; manage personnel and payroll records; manage accouts payable and receivable; administer office equipment contracts, prepare weekly email and monthly newsletter to congregation; and other tasks and duties as assigned. Salary commensurate with experience (includes monthly stipend toward health insurance). For a detailed job description, please see News & Events elsewhere on this website; OR to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Jul 6: Alcholics Anonymous meeting every Monday at 6:00 & 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
- Jul 12: Join us for Brew & Chew around 11:00 a.m. in the Fireside Room. Bring your mug or cup of coffee and join in on the discuss of Sunday's scriptures.
- Jul 12: Youth Group meets at 11:00 a.m. in Room 102.
- Jul 13: Men's Bible Sunday mets Monday morning at 6:45 p.m. Enter through the door in the middle of building off of 31st Ave. The guys promise hot, strong coffee and a lively discussion.
- Jul 15: Grief Group meets Wendesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Fireside Room.
- Jul 19: Once again we welcome back the Barbary Coast Jazz Band to Mt. Carmel's 9:30 a.m. worship service. Toes will be taping throughout the worship service! All are welcome and bring a friend to this popular event.
- Jul 26: Carmel in the Park 4-6 p.m. @ Waite Park 33rd & Garfield NE. Bring a lawn chair and a picnic lunch if you want and join other members and friends enjoy a relaxing Sunday afternoon of fun & fellowship. If there is rain, we will gather in Mt. Carmel's Fellowship Hall.
- Aug 7-9: Mt. Carmel camping weekend at Lake Elmo Park Reserve in Washington County. Reserve your campsite now! Call Nancy Nordeen with questions.
- Aug 11: 7:00 p.m. Congregational Council meets in the Fireside Room.
- Aug 16: Techno Sunday. Twitter your questions.
- Aug 30: Mark your calendars for the Mt. Carmel outdoor worship and church picnic! We will be at Long Lake Regional Park in New Brighton. The pavillion picnic area has been reserved.
- Sep 13: Rally Sunday. Worship at 9:30 a.m. then kick off for Sunday School.
- Sep 19: Caramel Fest - fundraiser for the The Sheridan Story at Waite Park Elementary. Join us for music, games, food and lots of fun!
For programs and other opportunities, see the Tidings newsletter.